I would say the number one question I get asked by you girls is for healthy tips. Honestly, there is no health secret, special pill or quick one day formula you can do. I believe everyone is created beautiful and we are all unique. For me, staying fit and eating healthy is a lifestyle choice. It gives my confidence and makes me feel the best in my skin. I am not a fan of any “fad diet” but am a big believer in a lifestyle of health.
With that being said, here are a few of my go-to tips for a healthy lifestyle:
- You know to have realistic expectations and goals for yourself. For me, I love something sweet before bed…. so I have a little chocolate every night with a handful of almonds. I also have a big cup of tea. This is my routine and makes me feel like I am having a treat, without any of the guilt. I know that I can eat healthy all day, but I also want something sweet at night so I have found a healthy habit to fit my expectation of a daily sweet treat. Obviously I have dessert, but not every night.
- MOVE! Yes, Abs are made in the kitchen and a lot has to do with our diet, but it is also important to work out. For me, sweating helps my mental health. It encourages me to make wise choices with my eating as well. Im not about to have 2 donuts after spending 30 mins running. What I eat starts to matter more when Im working out. It also makes me feel strong and more confident.
- If you want to loose weight, eat less then the energy you are putting out and you will loose weight.
- Muscle takes more energy than fat so build muscle. I spend most my time working out at Bootcamp, Pilates, boxing. I feel bad for the girls on the treadmill for hours on end. Cardio is important but shouldn’t be 90% of your workout. Should be more like 30-40%
- My diet is my lifestyle. Its not like I’m on a diet and once I reach a goal weight I will eat junk again. I don’t crave junk food because my body isn’t use to it and it will honestly give me a tummy ache. I eat “real” dessert and never deprive myself, but I have a healthy lifestyle. I make smart choices and have a good relationship with food.
I believe it is important to love and accept ourselves. If we love ourselves, our body will feel beautiful and we will respect it and make honoring choices for ourself. It feels good to feel good! I like being healthy and have worked hard to not only have a healthy diet, but most importantly I have a heathy relationship with food. If you struggle with food and find yourself with unhealthy habits, surround yourself with people that are heathy. I have found by observing other people as good examples, their healthy habits can become your own.